A Buying Guide Of The Best Creatine For Women
Creatine has been characterized with men for some time now. Since men have mainly been using the supplement for weight and muscle gaining workouts, many have claimed that if women use the product, they will either grow fat or even develop those masculine bodies that will make them appear bulky. There are also claims that creatine leads to bloating in women. Are these claims true? The truth is that creatine is an important ingredient that necessitates not only strength and endurance but also recovery. The composition of the product you go for will determine whether you get impressive gains or you will end up fat. It is thus your responsibility to search for the best creatine for women. Which products should you thus go for?
* Below, you'll see more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices and read customer's reviews on Amazon.
Types Of Creatine
There are different types of creatine one the market, with the difference not being in the creatine ingredient itself but rather in the transport vector mode of the product. Depending on the genetic makeup, different people have better creatine usability of some transport vector mechanisms than others.
- Monohydrate Creatine - It is the gold standard that has been proven to be effective yet inexpensive
- Creatine Hydrochloride - If beauty is your primary goal, and you happen not to be interested in the water weight that some may want, then consider going for this type
- Creatine Ethyl Ester - It has been marketed for sometime as having better absorption as compared to the monohydrate form but a recent 2009 study proved otherwise.
- Multi-Creatine Formulas - Multi-creatine formula means multiple delivery modes thereby offering a wide spectrum of creatine supplying approach. Such a formula demonstrates a “timing effect” with different creatine modes activating at different activity thresholds.
Why Women Should Take Creatine
Just as men, you may have the ambitions of getting lean and built muscles. Creatine is that supplement that can help you achieve this with gender specific results. This is so as the chemical is effective in offering energy to ones muscles thus making your stronger to perform better in your workouts. Other benefits include mental activity, endurance, and workout recovery and better looks.
When To Take The Supplement
Just like is the case with any other supplement, creatine has its optimum time of being taken for proper results to be realized.
Pre Workout Taking of Creatine
Pre workout use of creatine is the most common time for taking the supplement. Just as weightlifters and strength builders do, women who are active in workouts will also greatly benefit from creatine if they take it within 30 minutes of hitting the gym. Taking it pre workout ensures that creatine influences the performance that will proceed taking it. Creatine takes about an hour to fully be ready for use in the body. You will thus start working out with your normal energy and endurance but when you are just about to go low on energy, the creatine comes in to play.
Though this is less popular compared to pre workout, it is the best time to take your creatine. This is as a result of the biological factors that come after the workout window. Creatine depletion is greatest when taken after workout. Secondly, the post workout meal you take naturally spikes insulin as well as provides carbohydrates that optimizes creatine assimilation. You can always take your supplement at your next meal after workout but let it not be right before bedtime.
Buying Guide Of The Best Creatine For Women
- Ingredients: The most important thing to consider is the list of ingredients. Always go for the all-natural ingredients that are safe for use. Not an artificial color, sugar as well as other additives should be added. Brands containing CreaPure creatine or rather 100% creatine ingredients are always 100% free of impurities and toxins
- Efficiency Of Product: Go through the numerous reviews online and offline to determine the effectiveness and reliability of different products. Avoid those unreliable and ineffective products as they will waste your money. Lab tested products should be sought after, with better absorption and effective performance being proven. The most effective creatine products are the micronized creatine supplementsc.
- Value For Money: Consider going for a product giving you more money than others in the same category. Let the ratio between the price and the number of servings be the best possible
Reviews Of The Top 5 Best Creatine For Women
This is by far the best creatine for women, and also the most popular, having tens of thousands of reviews, testimonials and recommendations. Its main selling point is the degree of purity that comes with the product. At 99.99% purity, the creatine monohydrate guarantees its users high performance when used pre-workout as well as post bodybuilding workout.
Every teaspoon of the monohydrate powder contains 5 grams of creatine with the complete container offering you 400 servings. Micronized powder optimizes the potency of the product thus sending the much needed energy directly to the muscles. There is no better way to get value for your money. And the good news to the vegans is that this creatine supplement is dairy-free thus very ideal for you. For better confidence, the BulkSupplements Creatine Monohydrate Powder has been lab tested and proven to contain pure creatine.
The results will be massive muscle growth due to the enhanced muscle pump and top endurance. With the attainable explosive speed, high intensity energy together with focus, you overall athletic performance shall greatly be increased.
- Difficulty in sealing the packaging
- Its characterized with some bitter aftertaste
This product is like a fiber internet connection system that requires no buffering at all. This is because the MusclePharm creatine requires absolutely no loading period. It is a product that features pharmaceutical grade ingredients and has been designed for use by men and women alike. It is the only product on this list that doesn’t feature 100% creatine content but is still a very effective option for the bulk of the population. The product features a proprietary blend, implying that one won’t be able to tell the amount of each type of ingredient within the product.
The manufacturing company offers its customers with a Creatine Supplements Guide that can be able to help you find out the distinction between their different creatine types. The fact that different main chemical ingredients have been used in different measures has worked as a downside that has resulted in some users reporting inconsistencies of results.
- Proprietary blend and lack of homogenous mixture attainment if mixed wrong
- Inconsistency of results and some reported side effects such as indigestion, stomach aches and cramps and diarrheas etc
It is yet another great product, featuring CreaPure Creatine that makes it impurity safe, an aspect that does not only make it the best creatine for women but also for men. It is unflavored and effectively dissolves in any liquid such as water or even fresh juice. The creatine monohydrate offers its users a maximum of 114 servings. It has been micronized for easy ingestion as well as faster absorption. Nothing will yield better endurance and strength as such a feature. The packaging of the product conforms to the cGMPs- current Good Manufacturing Practices. It is also worth mentioning that unlike other brands that are characterized with a gritty taste, this Optimum Nutrition creatine has none.
In a nutshell, this is a well developed supplement that can effectively be used by both men and women. The manufacturing company is a very reputable and respected one, having garnered experience in the many years of its existence. It is an industry standard setter.
- Its slightly chalky taste may not be impressive to some
- Isn’t very gentle to the stomachs of some with some nausea and water retention being also possibilities
The best creatine products are those that have no other ingredient but creatine and this product is one such kind. In addition to the pure ingredients, this creatine monohydrate is an end product of NAKED Nutrition, yet another very reputable supplement manufacturing company. It brings to you a pure product that has no artificial ingredients and is very effective in ensuring muscle growth together with strength gains. It is also soy fee, non-GMO as well as gluten free thus making it safe for use by even those who aren’t tolerant to most of the allergens.
The supplement comes in a 2.2 pound container, having 1,000 grams that can be translated to 200 servings, with each serving offering the user with about 5 grams of pure micronized monohydrate powder. The optimum rate of powder dissolution with any liquid is very impressive leading to quicker absorption for a stronger athlete and better performance.
- A slightly nasty aftertaste
- May result in some adverse reactions such as swelling
As its name suggests, this is an ultra-pure micronized creatine that has been designed for effective absorption and safety for use by both men and women. 80 servings are provided in a 400g container, with an additional 100g free bonus for its customers. Its main selling feature is the fact that it contains 100% creatine monohydrate with no additives included. As a result, any con of the product is inherent to the creatine chemical itself.
- The product isn’t as fine as some users would have wanted.
All the above mentioned creatine supplements are great in great ways. However, the BulkSupplements Creating Monohydrate carries the day as the very best creatine for women. This is because it has almost all the features that are preferred not only for women but also for men. To begin with, the product features the largest serving, 400 servings per container, thus giving the users the greatest value for the buck. It is also super pure, containing only the micronized monohydrate as its sole ingredient. And being micronized, the product is super easy to ingest, digest and absorb into the muscles thus enabling the users to benefit from the effects of creatine super fast. And above all, the product is lab tested thus verifying its effectiveness. All in all, what works for many may not necessarily work for you? It’s worth taking time to do some serious homework before making your choice. You will however rarely go wrong with products reviewed above.