The Best Water Rowers Reviews And Buying Guide 2017
While most people may consider water rowing as an ineffective form of workout, water rower reviews show that it is in real sense very efficient if exploited well and with the best rowing equipment. Read this article to learn more about this form of workout and the best water rowers available.
About Water Rowers
The effect of a water rower is quite similar to the effect of the real water rowing activity; the rowing intensity determines the level of resistance. The faster you row the more resistance you get from the water. However, with water rowers, you can adjust the intensity or simply go a little bit slow if you are starting out or not that fit. To be able to tone your muscles well and enhance bone flexibility, you should sit down and row well enough.
There are four types of water rowers and they all have varied characteristics that meet individual needs differently.
- Normal water rower – this type of rowing machine is considered as the best among the four types available. This machine has a water resistance rower that uses fluid connections and offers similar features and functionalities as the real rowing.
- Hydraulic water rower – this water rower uses shocks that are similar to car shocks. It is considered as the best choice for home use and people with small workout areas since it takes up very small space.
- Air machine – this type of water rower has air resistance that fuels the rowing shell. With this type of machine, there are minimal restrictions on uninterrupted movements.
- Magnetic resistance water rower – this is actually the most popular water rower and affordable. It provides a noise free, and a smooth rowing workout.
How To Choose The Best Rowing Machine For You
With the above information on the four types of water rowers available today, choosing the best becomes easy as you can now get one that best suits your preferences. This water rower reviews article is aimed at making you aware of all types of water rowers available with regard to brands, models, and cost. Similarly, each machine has its own good qualities and disadvantages, so as you choose a water rower, always remember to pick what will work best for you.
Size Of The Machine
The first thing you have to consider when choosing a water rover is your workout area. How big or small is it? This will enable you to choose a sizeable water that will easily fit in your space and leave and still leave room for other equipment or activities. Considering space, you can also choose a foldable machine that you can fold and store after when it’s not in use. With limited space, you cannot afford to buy a rower that takes up too much space.
Features is another thing that should be of importance. Like it is stated above, there are very many types of water rowers with different features and qualities. For this reason, choose a machine in consideration to the features that you prefer and find useful to you. Today, you will find water rowers that are programmable and some that are manual. When choosing between the best rowers, ensure that you have a choice between the two so that you strictly focus on machines in that category when choosing an ideal one.
Type Of Resistance
When choosing a rowing machine for you, consider the type of resistance that you want. You understand that rowing machines whose experience relates to real rowing are the ones that use water to provide resistance. Additionally, rowing machines that use air to provide suave motions and full-length strokes. On the other hand, rowers that use magnets to provide resistance are mostly considered gym-grade as they are shorter and provide for a hefty pull. Choose the sort of resistance that you most prefer and get the best machine in that regard.
Price Of The Machine
This factor will be based on your budget. But before budgeting for a rowing machine, you should first know why you want it as this will help you in determining if you should go for a low cost one or a high-end model. However, when choosing a rowing machine based on price, remember that cheap does not entirely mean poor quality. The low-cost models are made available for fitness persons who are looking for a low-cost machine that will provide them with a real and reliable rowing workout experience.
Water Rowing Reviews Of The Best Rowing Machine
The first degree Newport water rower is a great rowing machine for fitness enthusiasts looking for an equipment that easily adapts from a slow, warm workout to a high-intensity workout. This machine simulates the experience of real water rowing and will provide you with a dynamic workout.
- This machine weighs only 300lbs at 20.9L x 77.8W x 20.1H in which makes it easily transportable and narrow enough to fit in small spaces. Also, the machine utilizes water to provide resistance with a large tank whose water level can be reduced or increased to adjust the rowing tension.
- The first degree Newport water rower also features an ergonomic padded seat that provides you with a comfortable feel which allows you to be able to work out for longer periods.
- It also has a manufacturer’s warranty and the price offered for this rowing machine is great.
- Tension levels can be adjusted by increasing or reducing water level giving a real rowing experience
- The machine is comfortable and stable
- The machine parts are easy to assemble and store since it is also foldable
- Provides a very smooth and consistent resistance
- Does not have back support, but the seat is still comfortable enough to work out on
Get yours here:
Rower is by far one of the most popular manufacturers of water rowing machines that feature in all of the best water rower reviews. With this particular model, WaterRower has managed to provide users with an easy way to conduct cardiovascular training in a more efficient and convenient way. With the WaterRower Natural Rowing machine, you will be able to achieve a full body workout especially if you have difficulty with outdoor activities.
- This magnificent rowing machine features a water flywheel enclosed in a tank to provide a smooth, quite, a self-regulated resistance.
- It also features strong and durable built characterized by the solid ash and stained oak material that not only makes the machine good to look at but also absorbs the resistance noise.
- Apart from that, this water rower machine has dual rails with four corners that enhance seat stability and comfort.
- On size and storage, the water rower weighs just about 117 pounds at 84 x 21 x 22 inches (W x H x D). It also features a frame that flips upward for storage.
- Has an ergonomic seat that provides for comfort
- Provides for stability when working out due to the dual rails
- With the flappable frame, this machine is easy to store
- It features high-quality design and construction that is not just appealing to the eye but also sturdy, and durable
- Although the WaterRower rowing machine is high quality, it is very expensive for someone looking for quality specs at an affordable price
- The assembly is not as easy as you would anticipate it to be
Get yours here:
Stamina Elite Wave Water Rowing Machine is regarded as one of the best indoor cardio training equipment. It is a high end upgraded model from its predecessor the 1445 rowing machine. Although the previous model worked just fine, this latest upgrade has additional features like chest wrap heart rate monitor a high-end fitness monitor which provide you with an ultimate and productive fitness workout.
- The Stamina Elite 1450 machine utilizes water to provide resistance giving a real water rowing experience. The water resistance also provides for dynamic strokes with infinite resistance levels.
- This water rower has adjustable-length foot plates with quick adjust foot straps providing you with superior comfort and secure grip for your feet. The adjustable strap enables you to tighten or loosen them without wasting too much of your workout time.
- This machine features a chest strap heart rate monitor that allows you to tailor your workouts based on your heart rate. You will be able to perform your cardio workouts more easily with this machine.
- The padded and textured rowing handle provides you with a comfortable but firm grip even when working out for longer hours. The padded seat on the other hand also provides you with the needed comfort to endure the long working hours.
- Other features include a steel rowing beam for smooth strokes, leveling end caps for secure workouts, and folding frames for easy storage.
- Have excellent features that provide for a comfortable workout
- Allows you to tailor your cardio workouts
- Easy to store
- No cons found for this product
Get yours here:
Based on ratings and reviews, WaterRower is ranked as the top most manufacturer of the most innovative water rowing machines in the market today. Many of their models are handcrafted using solid wood that gives it a rustic appearance that compliments any setting whether in the home or gym. The Oxbridge model features a water flywheel that simulates the actual rowing experience giving you a complete body workout both in physical and psychological terms.
- This water rower features a flywheel that is enclosed in a large tank and it provides you with self-regulated resistance that is smooth and quiet.
- The machine is made with solid cherry wood and features a nice Danish oil finishing all which tend to absorb sound and vibration.
- Another amazing feature of this machine is the onboard S4 monitor that enables you to track fitness data like the number of strokes, calories burnt, heart rate and much more. This fitness data enables you to fine tune your workout program and also track progress.
- Easy to assemble and use
- Allows you to monitor workout progress
- Provide for unrelated resistance
- Provide for a quiet and smooth rowing experience
- The seat tends to come off easily
- The machine also tends to creep backward when working out
Get yours here:
The best water rower reviews will be incomplete without the mention of WaterRower Club Rowing Machine has everything needed for a rowing workout. It presents a solid design and construction that features solid ash stain for a complimentary color and look with black rails that make it ideal for commercial fitness centers and fitness enthusiasts looking for stylish, quality and efficient water rowers.
- Other than delivering the much needed visual aesthetics, the WaterRower Club rowing machine ash material and a sleek frame is meant to minimize sound by absorbing vibration.
- It features a heart rate monitor that tracks your fitness data like stroke rate, heart rate, and others which enable you to customize your workout routines in a way that suits you.
- The ergonomic seat designed in this rower is comfortable enough and ideal for people who are rehabbing muscles, the handicapped and the elderly. Apart from the seat, the handle is oblong shaped and padded to provide you with a comfortable grip when rowing.
- High-quality design and construction
- Has a fitness monitor for tracking workout progress
- Presents a sleek design that complements any setting
- Bullet Point 2
- Takes up too much storage space and is too heavy to move or transport
Get yours here:
The 5 water rower reviews above are the best water rowers you will find on the market today. But the Stamina Elite wave water rowing machine is the best in the roundup regarding price, quality, and functional features. It provides you with quality workouts using water resistance and also allows you to tailor your exercises to suit you.
The Stamina Elite wave water rower is also easy to store and is, therefore, ideal for people with small spaces. If you are looking for an affordable, efficient, quality and convenient equipment with excellent water resistance, then this 1450 stamina elite rowing machine is the best you can get.